- One out of six women have been sexually assaulted?
- Two out of three victims know their assailant.
- Hands, feet and fists were the only weapons used by the assailant in 84% of sexual assaults.
- Women who do not resist in a sexual assault are twice as likely to be raped as those who do resist!
- Over 50% of all rapes and sexual assaults occurred within 1 mile of the victim's home.
What would you do if you were attacked? Would you run? Fight? Or, simply freeze in fear? Our self defense seminars are specifically designed to give you the information and training to help you know what to do should the unthinkable occur. After learning the techniques from our highly qualified instructors, you will also have the chance to try them out in a safe, realistic training environment.
Our classes cover a wide range of techniques that will serve you in any situation. Each class begins on the ground where you will be introduced to basic defensive techniques as well as joint locks and escapes. After developing an understanding of how to protect yourself on the ground we will move into escaping from grabs, as well as how to knock down an attacker, striking and the best way to get away. Finally every class ends with a basic introduction to the weapons of self defense and how to use them.
Dynamic Martial Arts of Sioux Falls offers our self defense seminars to individuals, families, businesses, schools, and civic organizations. Most of our seminars are conducted at Southern Hills United Methodist Church here in Sioux Falls, but if you would like us to come to you, we can do that as well. Please e-mail Joe Herreman or give us a call at 605-370-0085 for more information.
Looking for a fun, practical, team building experience? Sign your office up for a self defense seminar! You'll learn real life applicable skills in an exciting environment with the friends you see everyday to keep you company!